Our Values and Beliefs
In All Things Seek The Highest
"Whaia ko te taumata”
Our Core Beliefs are lived out in the culture of our school. They are a reflection of the way we do things at Nelson Park School.
- All children have the right to achieve their learning potential.
- We create a community of life long learners.
- Our environment provides child-centred learning.
- We value and nurture creativity.
- We find joy in learning through the wonder of discovery.
- We celebrate diversity and difference in an inclusive school climate.
- We maintain a strong value-centred culture where virtues are practised.
- We are a happy school where fun and laughter is an everyday occurrence.
The Circle symbolises the development of whole child
The Tree reflects the growth of the child into adulthood
The Raupo and Pukeko represent an understanding of nature and environment
The Book links the importance of knowledge and learning